- Serves: Makes around 2.7kg jam
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.8kg just ripe raspberries
- 1.8 kg sugar
1. Wash the raspberries and then place in a preserving pan. Simmer very gently in their own juice for about 15 minutes or until soft and pulpy.
2. Add the sugar, and stir thoroughly until dissolved.
3. Once dissolved, boil rapidly until setting point is reached, 105°C/221°F on a sugar thermometer. Alternately, test by putting a little of the jam on a cold saucer. If the surface of the jam wrinkles when you push a finger over it then it has reached setting point.
4. Spoon the hot jam into hot, sterilised jars, filling to the necks, cover with waxed paper discs and cool. Once cooled seal and store until using.
Rate This Recipe