- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 ml single cream
- 300 ml whole milk
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 vanilla pods
- 400 g ice cubes
- 200 g rock salt
- 200 g raspberries
- handful blackberries, to decorate
Tips and Suggestions
Rock salt is available from DIY shops.
Dont discard the vanilla pods if you put them in your sugar pot itll make the sugar taste great!
1. Mix together the cream and milk in a bowl, and stir in the sugar.
2. Scrape out the inside of the vanilla pods and add to the milky mixture.
3. Put one zip-sealable freezer bag within another. Pour the milk mixture into the inner bag and seal. Pour the ice and salt into the outer bag and seal tightly.
4. Shake the two bags vigorously for about 15 minutes (although be careful not to let the salt/ice leak into the inner bag of ice cream mixture!) using oven gloves as it will become very cold.
5. After 15 minutes, it should take on the consistency of ice cream. Tip the ice cream into a bowl and swirl in some of the raspberries. Decorate with the remaining raspberries and blackberries.
Rate This Recipe