- Serves: Makes about 750ml
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus freezing
- Effort: easy
- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 ml water
- 2 tsp glucose syrup
- 500 g raspberries, (fresh or frozen)
- squeeze of lemon juice
1. Put the sugar, 100ml of the water and the glucose in a saucepan. Dissolve the sugar over medium heat without stirring. Bring to the boil and simmer briskly for 5-7 minutes until the bubbles thicken and become syrupy. Remove from the heat, pour into a bowl and leave to cool.
2. Put the raspberries in another pan. Squeeze some lemon juice over them and simmer over low heat for a minute or two until soft.
3. Put the raspberries in a blender and purée until smooth.
4. Push the purée through a fine sieve to remove all the seeds.
5. Add the cooled syrup and remaining water to the purée and whisk together.
6. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker. Process for about 20 minutes according to the manufacturer's instructions, then freeze.
Rate This Recipe