- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 40 g unsalted butter, softened
- 100 g caster sugar, plus 2-3 tbsp for coating
- 30 g cornflour
- 350 g jar seedless raspberry jam
- 4 large egg whites, from free-range eggs, at room temperature
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Coat the inside of four ramekins with a layer of softened butter, then sprinkle with a little caster sugar. Place in the fridge.
2. Mix the cornflour with enough water to make a smooth paste.
3. Tip the raspberry jam into a saucepan and mix in the cornflour paste. Cook over a medium heat, stirring all the time until thickened. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
5. When almost ready to serve, whisk the egg whites in a bowl until they form firm peaks. Gradually whisk in the 100g of sugar.
6. Using a metal spoon, carefully fold in the raspberry mixture.
7. Spoon into the prepared ramekins. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes until risen and golden.
8. Dust with icing sugar and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe