- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g sweet ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 150 g raspberries
For the filling
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 200 ml double cream
- 100 g sponge biscuits
- 3 tbsp amaretto (almond liqueur), such as Amaretto
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. On a floured surface, roll the shortcrust pastry to a 28cm diameter circle, 5mm thick. Use to line the base and sides of a 23cm spring-form cake tin, letting any extra pastry overhang the edges
3. Combine the egg yolks and caster sugar in a bowl and whisk until light in colour. Pour in the cream and continue to whisk for a further minute. Crumble in the sponge biscuits and add the almond liqueur.
4. Pour the filling into the pastry-lined tin, and scatter the raspberries over the top. Pull the sides of the pastry over the top of the filling, leaving a gap in the middle with the raspberries exposed.
5. Cook for 35-40 minutes, until the filling is firm to the touch and the pastry, golden. Leave the tart to cool slightly before removing from the tin. Serve warm.
Rate This Recipe