- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 5 days standing, plus straining
- Effort: easy
- 900 g raspberries
- 600 ml white wine vinegar
- sugar, to taste
1. Put the raspberries into a bowl and mash well.
2. Pour the vinegar over the raspberries and cover with a clean cloth.
3. Leave for 5 days, stirring now and then.
4. Strain through a jelly bag, without pressing, and measure the liquid.
5. For every 600ml of liquid, add 450g sugar.
6. Put the sugar and raspberry liquid into a preserving pan and stir gently over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
7. Boil gently for 10 minutes, skimming off any scum as it rises up.
8. Leave to cool, then pour into clean, sterilised bottles. Store in a cold place.
Rate This Recipe