- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 large aubergines, halved horizontally then sliced into 3cm pieces
- 3 medium courgettes, sliced into 3cm pieces
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- small bunch basil, leaves torn
- slices of sourdough bread, to serve
1. Heat oil in a large casserole dish and sweat the onions and garlic for 10 minutes on a low heat with the lid on.
2. Add the peppers, aubergines and courgettes. Season with salt and pepper, stir and cook for a further 20 minutes with the lid on.
3. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, stir and check the seasoning. Cook for a further 5 minutes without the lid. Stir in the basil.
4. Serve with chunky slices of sourdough.
Rate This Recipe