- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g '00' flour
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- handfuls fresh peas
- 3 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 6 basil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 5 asparagus
- knob of butter
1. Mix the flour together with one egg and a drizzle of olive oil until you get a smooth dough consistency. The mixture should not stick to your hands. If is does, add more flour. Knead the dough for a minute and then wrap in cling film and set aside whilst you make the filling.
2. Blanch the peas in boiling salted water, then refresh in cold water. Drain and transfer to a food processor and roughly blend.
3. Scrape the pea purée into a bowl and fold in the ricotta and the basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add a splash of olive oil. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
4. Roll the pasta dough through a pasta machine (or with a rolling pin) until it is a square 3mm thick. Spoon a heap of ricotta mix onto the one half of the square, making sure that you leave an edge of at least 2cm on every side.
5. Separate the egg yolk from the egg white. Make a little well in the ricotta mixture and place the egg yolk in the well. Fold over the other half of the dough and seal the edges tightly.
6. Cut around the stuffed part of the pasta with a cookie cutter making sure you leave an edge of about 2cm. Make sure that the edges are well sealed after you have cut the shape.
7. Place the ravioli in boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
8. Blanch the asparagus for 1-2 minutes in boiling salted water, then grill on a griddle pan so that they colour on each side. Once coloured remove and drizzle over a little olive oil, then season with salt and pepper and drizzle over a little lemon juice.
9. In a frying pan melt a knob of butter and add the asparagus. Carefully add the ravioli to the pan and coat with butter. Grate a little parmesan over the ravioli.
10. Transfer the asparagus to a serving plate and place the ravioli on top. Spoon melted butter over and drizzle with olive oil.
Rate This Recipe