- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 130 g cashew nuts, or 1heaped tbsp cashew butter
- 675-750 ml water
- 4 medjool dates, or 4 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 heaped tbsp raw powdered cacao or chocolate
Tips and Suggestions
Raw cacao powder or raw chocolate powder can be purchased from online health food specialists. You could use regular cocoa powder in this recipe but it won't have the same health benefits.
This drink can be frozen in an airtight container or put into an ice-cream machine to make dairy-free ice cream.
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until the nuts have completely broken down. You want a thick, bit-free smoothie.
2. Taste for sweetness and chocolatey-ness. Add more dates or agave nectar if you want a sweeter smoothie.
Rate This Recipe