- Serves: 4 as a starter
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 24 razor clams
- salt and black pepper
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g garlic mayonnaise, or aioli
Tips and Suggestions
Healthy tip: For a quicker and healthier alternative to homemade aioli, try using reduced fat mayonnaise. For more information on healthier eating see eatwell.gov.uk.
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Arrange the clams on a grill pan and cook under the hot grill for about 2 minutes or until they open (discard any that dont open after cooking).
3. When cool enough to handle, remove the cooked clams from their shells. Cut off and discard the dark end, rinse the clams and put back in the shells.
4. Return the clams to the grill pan, season with salt and black pepper and drizzle with the olive oil. Cook under the grill for a further 2 minutes.
5. Serve the razor clams with the garlic mayonnaise on the side.
Rate This Recipe