- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g chorizo, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 125 ml red wine
- 2 x 400g can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 loaf ciabatta, torn into large pieces
- 2 x 125g balls mozzarella, drained and torn into pieces
- handfuls basil, roughly torn
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo slices for 3-4 minutes until golden-brown. Transfer the chorizo to a plate, leaving the chorizo oil in the pan.
2. Add the onion and garlic to chorizo oil and fry for 2-3 minutes until softened and translucent. Stir in the tomatoes and red wine and bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has reduced.
3. Stir in the cannellini beans and return the chorizo to the pan, along with any oil or juices that have collected on the plate. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. Scatter the ciabatta pieces into an ovenproof dish then spoon the bean mixture over the ciabatta, mixing to ensure the ciabatta is evenly coated. Scatter the mozzarella over the top, leaving some peaks of the bread sticking out so they become crisp. Season again with salt and black pepper.
5. Transfer to the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and golden-brown. Garnish with the basil and serve.
Rate This Recipe