- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the banana custard
- 300 ml full fat milk
- 1 vanilla pod, split in half lengthways
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 2 large bananas
- 50 g blanched toasted hazelnuts, toasted and crushed into small pieces
- 75 g flaky milk chocolate, flaked into small pieces
1. For the banana custard: pour the milk into a medium saucepan and place over a medium heat. Add the vanilla pod and bring the milk to the boil.
2. While the milk is heating up, tip the egg yolks into a bowl, along with the cornflour and sugar and whisk together until the mixture is thick and pale.
3. As soon as the milk comes to the boil remove the pan from the heat. Scoop out the vanilla pod and pour the hot milk onto the egg mixture, whisking continuously until well combined.
4. Pour the custard mixture back into the pan and heat gently over a low heat, stirring all the time, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
5. Slice the bananas into the custard and stir to combine. Divide the hot banana custard between 4 serving bowls and serve hot or cold.
6. To serve, sprinkle over the crushed nuts and flaked chocolate.
Rate This Recipe