- Serves: Makes 1 loaf
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr rising
- Effort: medium
- 500 g strong bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 100 g mincemeat
- grated zest and juice of 2 oranges
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemons
- 40 g butter
- 12 g salt
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 280 ml water
1. Place the flour, mincemeat, orange zest and juice, lemon zest and juice, butter, salt and yeast in a large bowl and mix together.
2. Gradually add in the water, mixing to form a dough.
3. Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and knead for 4 minutes.
4. Shape into a rough sausage shape, around 15cm across.
5. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and set aside to rise for 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
7. Slash the top of the loaf with a knife and dust with flour.
8. Bake for 25 minutes until risen.
9. Cool on a wire rack.
Rate This Recipe