- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 115 g almonds
- 175 g strawberries
- 175 g raspberries
- 175 g blueberries
- 3 egg whites
- 175 g caster sugar
Tips and Suggestions
Omit the almonds if you are serving anyone with a nut allergy. Otherwise, try sprinkling a few crushed almonds on top of the meringue before cooking.
1. Preheat the oven to 200?C/ 400?F/ Gas mark 6.
2. Divide the almonds between the four ramekins and place on the bottom.
3. Wash and prepare the fruit, hulling the strawberries but leaving them whole. Then mix the berries together and put on top of the almonds. Make sure you fill the ramekins only halfway.
4. Preferably with an electric whisk, whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until they form stiff peaks.
5. Add half the sugar and whisk again until the mixture shines.
6. Fold in the remaining sugar and divide the meringue between the four dishes.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Then remove and leave to cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Be careful, because the fruit will be extremely hot.
Rate This Recipe