- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 375 g ready-to-roll puff pastry
- 225 g fresh raspberries
- 225 g strawberries, halved if large
- 1 large pot crème fraîche
- icing sugar, for sprinkling
For the chocolate sauce:
- 225 g dark chocolate, broken up
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 150 ml double cream
- 3 tbsp brandy
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7.
2. On a lightly floured surface, slightly roll out the ready-rolled puff pastry until square in shape. Place the pastry square on a large baking sheet and prick all over with a fork
3. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until risen and browned. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
4. While the pastry is cooling prepare the chocolate sauce. Place the chocolate, butter and cream in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and gently heat until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the brandy.
5. To assemble the millefeuilles, carefully cut the pastry into 3 even strips. Place one strip on a long serving dish as a base. Evenly spread the base with some of the crème fraiche, top with some raspberries and strawberries and drizzle over some chocolate sauce.
6. Top this with another piece of pastry, spread with some more crème fraiche, top with remaining fruit and drizzle again with chocolate sauce. Finally top with the remaining pastry slice, generously dust with icing sugar and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe