- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the ratatouille
- 4 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 150 ml olive oil
- 2 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- ½ aubergines
- 1 very small red onion, quartered
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green courgette, sliced
- 1 yellow courgette, sliced
- 15 Thai basil, roughly torn
- 5 plum tomatoes
For the fish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 4 x 150 g red bream, fillets
- 1 lemon, quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Combine the lemongrass, chilli and garlic in a small bowl.
2. Heat 4-5 tablespoons of the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan and add the potato slices. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and sprinkle with a little of the lemongrass mixture - enough to lightly season.
3. Halve the aubergine and cut into 0.5 cm slices. Add the slices to the pan, over the potatoes, and drizzle over a little more olive oil. Season as before.
4. Cover with the red onions and season once more with the same mixture.
5. Cube the peppers and cut into small 2cm squares. Add a layer to the pan, seasoning as before.
6. Add a layer of courgettes and scatter over half the basil leaves.
7. Cut the tomatoes in half and slice. Add these to the pan. Repeat the seasoning once more.
8. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
9. 10 minutes before serving, cook the fish. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large frying pan and cook the bream, skin side down, for 3 minutes. Turn the fish over and cook for a further 3 minutes.
10. Divide the ratatouille between 4 plates, top with the bream and garnish with the remaining basil leave. Serve with lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe