- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 2 hrs draining
- Effort: easy
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp rich dark brown sugar
- 1 apple
- ½ red cabbage, finely shredded
1. Heat the oil in a small frying pan. Add in the onion and fry gently until very soft.
2. Mix together the fried onion, red wine vinegar and sugar. Grate in the apple.
3. Toss the fried onion mixture with the red cabbage in a bowl and set aside for 2 hours, then drain.
Rate This Recipe