- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.125 kg cod, skin removed
- 3 red peppers
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2x400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 limes, grated zest only
- 2 large handfuls coriander, chopped
1. Cut the cod into chunks of about 3 cm and set aside.
2. Cut the pepper in half, removed the seeds and grill for 3-4 minutes, until the skin blackens and blisters. Pop them in a plastic bag for 10 minutes or so, until cool enough to handle. Peel off the skin and chop the flesh.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the shallots for 6-7 minutes, until very soft.
4. Stir in the garlic, tomatoes and chilli.
5. Add the chopped peppers, season and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes.
6. Stir in the lime zest and the coriander.
7. Add the fish and simmer gently for about 5 minutes, until the fish turns opaque. Serve in soup bowls.
Rate This Recipe