- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 baby artichokes
- 500 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 1 large sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp salt and black pepper
- 8-10 sun-blushed tomatoes
- 4 x 125 g fillets red mullet
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Cut the baby artichokes into wedges and put in a saucepan. Pour over enough olive oil to cover.
2. Add the sliced fennel, garlic, lemon rind, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cook on a low heat for 5-6 minutes, until softened.
3. Stir in the sunblush tomatoes and keep warm.
4. Place a non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat. Season the fillets with salt and pepper and add the fish, skin side down. Fry for 2 minutes before flipping the fillets over and cooking for a further 1 ½ minutes.
5. To serve, spoon the warm baby artichokes and fennel onto plates and top with the red mullet fillets. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Rate This Recipe