- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 x 250 g red mullet fillets
- 1 courgette
- 400 ml water
- 1 bunches stalks parsley
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 lemon, zested then sliced
- 200 g couscous
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 red chillies, diced
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 50 g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 100 ml olive oil
1. Score the fish at regular intervals, then season with salt and pepper.
2. In a hot pan, sear the fish skin-side down for 2-3 minutes until golden and crisp. Turn over and cook for a further minute.
3. Slice the courgette about 1/2cm thick and chargrill in a hot griddle pan until well marked on both sides and soft. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Heat the water in a pot with the parsley stalks, coriander seeds and lemon slices. Bring to the boil, then turn off the heat and leave to infuse for at least 5 minutes.
5. Pour over the couscous, cover with cling film and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
6. Fork through the spring onion, red chilli, lemon zest and chopped coriander and season with salt and pepper.
7. Plunge the coriander and parsley leaves in boiling salted water for 10 seconds before refreshing in ice water. Squeeze all the moisture out of the leaves and blitz in a blender with the oil until smooth.
8. To serve, place the courgette couscous on a plate, arrange the red mullet on top and drizzle with the herb dressing.
Rate This Recipe