- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 large red pepper, finely diced
- 1 small aubergine
- black pepper
- 1 courgette, finely diced
- 2 vine tomatoes, , seeds removed and finely diced
- 10 small basil
For the tomato vinaigrette
- 250 g vine tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 300 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
For the fish
- 4 red mullet fillets, scaled
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 2. Heat the olive oil over a gentle heat and cook the shallots and garlic for a minute or so.
2. Add the red pepper and cook for 1 minute before adding the aubergines.
3. Stir in the courgettes and tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the basil and continue cooking until the vegetables are just al dente - they should still have bite.
5. Place all the ingredients for the tomato vinaigrette in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring throughout the cooking. Push the sauce through a sieve, check the seasoning and set aside.
6. Season the fish with salt and pepper and place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
7. Divide the vegetable mixture evenly between each fillet Drizzle over the olive oil over and bake for about 5-8 minutes, until the fish is cooked.
8. Serve the fish and vinaigrette together, garnished with basil leaves.
Rate This Recipe