- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 10 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 10 tiger prawns, eeled and deveined
- 8 red mullet fillets, or four baby sea bass fillets, skin on
- salt and cayenne pepper
For the salad:
- 1 large bulb of fennel
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, peeled and segmented
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 mild fresh red chillies, seeded and chopped
1. Set the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Lightly oil a roasting pan.
2. Cut the tiger prawns in half and spread them over the roasting pan. Top these with the red mullet fillets and season everything with salt and cayenne pepper.
3. Roast the fish for 5-7 minutes, until both are cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, halve the fennel bulb, keeping any green tops to garnish the salad. Slice the fennel bulb as finely as possible lengthways. Mix it with the extra-virgin olive oil lemon, grapefruit and orange segments. Then add the chilli and season well with salt.
5. Add the fennel tops and set aside. Serve the red mullet and prawns on top of the salad with an extra drizzle of olive oil.
Rate This Recipe