- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp oil
- 8 Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- chicken stock, to poach
- 8 red mullet fillets, cleaned and pin-boned
- chopped leaves of chervil, to serve
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a heavy-based pan and sweat off the Jerusalem artichokes with the vanilla seeds and pod.
2. Pour in just enough chicken stock to barely cover the artichokes and cook until soft.
3. Remove the vanilla pod and reserve, then blend the artichokes until smooth. Set aside.
4. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the fish fillets, skin-side down, shaking the pan to stop them sticking. Cook for 3 minutes until golden-brown and turn gently using a palette knife. Cook for another 2 minutes, then remove from the pan.
5. Serve the fish with the purée and juices from pan. Sprinkle with chopped chervil and a piece of reserved vanilla pod, if desired.
Rate This Recipe