- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 red mullet, (gutted and cleaned)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- large handful sea kale, tough stalks removed
- knob butter
For the chilli mayo
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 150 ml olive oil
1. Heat the griddle over a medium heat, season inside the fish and brush the outside with olive oil. Place on the hot griddle and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the sea kale and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender. Strain then place back in the pan and add the butter.
3. For the chilli mayo: in a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, chilli, vinegar and mustard. Slowly add olive oil a little at a time, whisking constantly until you have a thick, glossy mayonnaise.
4. Place the sea kale on a plate, gently lay the mullet on top and spoon over the chilli mayo.
Rate This Recipe