- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 knobs of unsalted butter
- 4 steaks
- 1 bottles red wine
- 2 tsp marmalade
- watercress, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
2. Drizzle the mushrooms in olive oil and put them into the oven until softened, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and add the red onions. Drop in the butter and stir.
4. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on how rare you like them. Once cooked, remove from the heat and allow to rest.
5. Once the onions have cooked, pour in the red wine and simmer until the sauce has thickened. Add the marmalade and stir until dissolved.
6. Serve the mushrooms with a layer of onion marmalade and place the steak on top. Finish with some watercress.
Rate This Recipe