- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 15 min standing
- Effort: easy
- 3 large red peppers
- 2½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red jalapeño or fresno chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Roast the red peppers under the grill or directly over a gas flame on the hob, turning occasionally until charred all over. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
2. Remove the skin and seeds from the rested peppers and coarsely chop the flesh.
3. In a food processor, combine the peppers, vinegar, garlic, chillies, ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. Blend until very smooth.
4. With the motor of the food processor still running, slowly pour in the olive oil. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
Rate This Recipe