- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 large red peppers
- 2 limes, grated rind and juice
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 0.5 tsp salt, or to taste
- 0.25 tsp sugar, or to taste
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 12 olives, stones removed and halved
- 10 sprig thyme, leaves picked from the stalks
- 200 g goats' cheese, rind removed
For the salad:
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 10 radishes
- 0.5 cucumber, halved, seeded and cut into wedges
1. Set the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Cut the peppers in half lengthways and remove the seeds. Cut them in half again so you have 12 quarters. Lay the peppers in a single layer, skin side up, on a large tray with raised sides. Pour over the juice of 1 lime (keeping the zest for later) and the olive oil, and then toss in the halved garlic and sprinkle with salt, sugar and cayenne pepper.
3. Cover the tray with foil and bake in 30-35 minutes. At this stage the peppers should be soft but not quite cooked. Remove the foil and roast for a further ten minutes.
4. Transfer the peppers and all of their cooking juices into a bowl and cover it with cling film. After about 10 minutes, remove the cling film and as soon as the peppers are cool enough to handle, peel them, keeping the cooking juices and the cooked garlic, as this is the base for the vinaigrette. Set the pepper pieces aside.
5. Chop the cooked garlic finely and stir it into the cooking juices. Add the zest of 1 of the limes, the olives and thyme leaves, season to taste with salt, sugar and cayenne and set aside.
6. Mix the goats` cheese with the zest and juice of the second lime and season it well. Put a little inside each pepper quarter and roll them up like little cannelloni.
7. For the salad, remove the little tops from the tomatoes and slice them as finely as possible, season with salt and black pepper spread them around the centres of four large plates.
8. Place two rolled red peppers in the centre of each plate. Slice the radishes as finely as possible and add to the red pepper dressing with the cucumber wedges. Spoon this mixture over and around the peppers and tomatoes and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe