- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 banana leaf
- 1 mango, sliced
- 2 snapper
- 1 mild green chilli
- 2 limes
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
For the coriander salad:
- large bunch of coriander leaves
- handful of mixed salad leaves
- ½ red chillies
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Divide the banana leaf into two and wet them both with cold water. Lay 2 slices of mango on each and top with a snapper fillet. Sprinkle a little finely chopped mild chilli over each fillet.
2. Slice one of the limes and squeeze the juice from the other. Lay a couple of slices of lime over each fish and then drizzle with lime juice.
3. Season the fillets and wrap them in the leaves. Secure with toothpicks.
4. Place the packages into a roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make the salad. Mix the coriander leaves and salad leaves together in a large bowl.
6. Place the remaining mango slices into a food processor and add the chilli and lime juice. Whiz until blended and then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour this dressing over the mixed leaves and serve immediately with the cooked snapper fillets.
Rate This Recipe