- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 10 stalks rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 5cm chunks
- 1 tbsp water
- 2-3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped preserved stem ginger, in syrup
- ice cream or double cream, to serve
For the crumble:
- 100 g butter, softened
- 100 g demerara sugar
- 180-200g plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the rhubarb chunks on a shallow roasting pan, sprinkle with the water and caster sugar and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the stem ginger.
2. Reduce the oven temperature to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Tip the rhubarb mixture into a baking dish about 4cm deep.
3. For the crumble: combine the butter, demerara sugar and flour in a bowl. Rub with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the rhubarb and bake for 10 minutes, until golden.
4. Allow to cool slightly before serving with ice cream or double cream.
Rate This Recipe