- Serves: Makes around 700ml cordial
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 900 g rhubarb, cut into short lengths
- 1 large orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 450 g caster sugar
Tips and Suggestions
The cordial will keep for 1 week in the fridge.
1. Place the rhubarb, lemon zest and juice, orange zest and juice, caster sugar and 570ml water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Strain through muslin in a sieve and and use a funnel to help bottle it in a sterilised glass bottle. The cordial will keep for 1 week in the fridge.
4. To serve it, dilute with fizzy water or still water.
Enjoy cordials? Take a look at our top 10 summer drink recipes
Rate This Recipe