- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Effort: easy
For the pastry
- 200 g softcreamy goats' cheese
- 200 g butter
- 2 tsp pink peppercorns, crushed
- 150 g plain flour
For the filling
- 500 g rhubarb
- 100 ml vodka
- 225 g caster sugar
- 200 g strawberries, halved
For the topping
- 4 egg yolks
- 200 g soft goats' cheese
- 150 ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped out
1. Mix the goats' cheese, butter and pink peppercorns together until smooth.
2. Gradually add the flour and mix into a soft dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for 1 hour before using.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Cut the Rhubarb into 5cm lengths and place on a roasting tray. Sprinkle with the vodka and 100g of the sugar.
4. Roast for 20 minutes, or until soft but not soggy. Remove from the oven, drain off the syrup and reserve. Leave to cool.
5. Roll out the pastry to line 4 individual loose bottom tartlet tins. Line with baking parchment, fill with baking beans or rice and cook for 20 minutes, until golden.
6. Meanwhile, mix the egg yolks, remaining sugar, goats' cheese and vanilla seeds together until smooth.
7. Pour into the cooked tartlet cases and cook for 10 minutes, or until set. Leave to cool and remove from the tins.
8. Pour the reserved syrup into a small saucepan and bubble over a gentle heat for 3-4 minutes, until syrupy. Brush over the tarts to glaze.
9. Pile the fruit over the tarts, garnish each with a bay leaf and serve at room temperature with a generous dollop of crème fraîche.
Rate This Recipe