- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g rhubarb, peeled and chopped into short lengths
- 75 ml sweet dessert wine or kirsch
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 150 g raspberries
- juice and grated zest of 1 oranges
- 200 g full-fat cream cheese
- 150 g good quality white chocolate, freshly melted in a bowl over a pan of simmering water
- 100 g selection of summer berries, (strawberries, raspberries, etc)
- icing sugar
- fresh mint leaves
- sweet biscuits, (such as Boudoir fingers) to serve
1. Place the rhubarb in a non-reactive saucepan. Add the wine and sugar. Cook over a low heat for 5-8 minutes until the rhubarb has softened. Set aside to cool.
2. Place the cooled rhubarb and raspberries in a blender, add the orange juice and zest, then process to a smooth puree. Place the mixture in a bowl.
3. Beat the cheese into the cooled, but still liquid chocolate, then stir in the rhubarb and raspberry puree.
4. Transfer these to attractive individual glasses, then top each with a selection of summer fruits, chill until required.
5. Serve each fool lightly dusted with icing sugar and decorated with mint leaves and sweet biscuits.
Rate This Recipe