- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 125 or 200 g sugar, to taste
- 25 ml water
- 6-8 stems rhubarb, roughly chopped
- 1/2 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 1 unwaxed orange, juice and finely grated zest
- 1 tbsp Pernod
- Greek yogurt, to serve
1. In a saucepan, melt the sugar with the water. Add the rhubarb, vanilla pod and orange juice and zest. Cover and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, then remove the lid and simmer a little faster for another 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. When cool enough to handle, scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod into the fruit. Add the Pernod and blend or whisk until the mixture is fairly smooth. Taste for sweetness before serving, adding more sugar if necessary - rhubarb can taste very different depending on time of season.
3. Serve with Greek yogurt.
Rate This Recipe