- Serves: fool serves 6, makes about 25 biscuits
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g rhubarb, cut into chunks
- 175 g caster sugar
- 225 ml double cream
- 225 g strawberries, sliced
For the biscuits
- 175 g plain flour
- 110 g soft butter
- 50 g caster sugar
1. Put the rhubarb into a saucepan with the sugar and cook on a gentle heat stirring very regularly for about 20 minutes, until soft. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon to mash up the rhubarb and then leave to cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, whip the cream. When the rhubarb is cold, gently fold in the whipped cream and the sliced strawberries. Refrigerate until required.
3. To make the biscuits, set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Put the flour into a mixing bowl and rub in the softened butter until the mixture resembles find breadcrumbs. Add the caster sugar and bring the whole mixture together to form stiff dough. Don't add any water!
4. Roll the dough out to a thickness of about half a centimetre and cut into the desired shapes.
5. Bake for six to eight minutes, until golden. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight tin.
6. Serve the rhubarb fool with Jane's biscuits.
Rate This Recipe