- Serves: Serves 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 10 stalks rhubarb
- 8 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 100 g butter, softened
- 100 g demerara sugar
- 180-200g plain flour
- double cream or ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
2. Cut the rhubarb into 3-inch slices, discarding any leaves, and place on an oven tray. Sprinkle the water and caster sugar over the rhubarb and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
3. Once the rhubarb is cooked, remove. Mix in the ground ginger and transfer the rhubarb to an ovenproof dish.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the butter and sugar together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Then add the flour to make the crumble topping. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the rhubarb and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until golden-brown.
5. Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving with ice cream or double cream.
Rate This Recipe