- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg forced rhubarb, diced
- 100 g caster sugar, or to taste
- 100 g preserved stem ginger, diced
- 2 punnets raspberries
- custard, to serve
For the crumble
- 300 g plain flour
- 180 g caster sugar
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 grated lemon zest
- 110 g ground almonds
- 110 g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/gas 1. Place the rhubarb into a large saucepan with the sugar and cook over a low heat until softened, but not mushy.
2. Stir in the ginger; adjust the sweetness as necessary and leave to cool.
3. Gently stir in the raspberries and spoon into an ovenproof baking dish; set aside.
4. To make the crumble topping, place the flour and sugar into a large bowl.
5. Rub in the butter until it is evenly incorporated and the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
6. Slit the vanilla pod and add the seeds to the crumble.
7. Add the lemon zest, ground almonds and macadamia nuts. Mix well.
8. Scatter the mixture evenly over the fruit and bake for 20 minutes, until golden. Serve hot, with custard.
Rate This Recipe