- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 200 ml water
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2-3 sticks rhubarb, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier, (optional)
- 125 g mascarpone
- 60 g Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp rose water
- 25 g icing sugar
- ¼ Jamaican ginger cakes, sliced into 4 pieces
- 6 g flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 tsp finely chopped preserved stem ginger
1. Heat the water and sugar together in a medium saucepan until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Add the rhubarb and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the rhubarb has softened. Strain the mixture, reserve the cooking liquor and set aside to cool. Stir the Grand Marnier into the cooking liquor, if using.
3. Whisk the mascarpone, Greek yogurt, rosewater and icing sugar together in a bowl until the mixture thickens. Set aside.
4. Place a slice of ginger cake in the bottom of two wine glasses or tumblers, and drizzle each with enough cooking liquor to moisten the sponge without drenching it. Place a spoonful of the cooled rhubarb into each glass. Top the rhubarb with another slice of cake, drizzle each with a little more cooking liquor and repeat with the rhubarb. Divide the mascarpone mixture between the two glasses, sprinkle each with almonds and stem ginger and serve.
Rate This Recipe