- Cook Time: 8 minutes (for medium)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
For the mayonnaise
- 8 tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 2 small cooked beetroot, (not in vinegar), peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 1 lemon, grated zest only
For the bruschetta
- 4 lean rib-eye, sirloin steaks, or rump steaks
- 4 tbsp fresh thyme, leaves
- 2 tbsp basil or olive oil
- 1 small ciabatta, sliced
- 2 small cloves garlic, cut in half lengthways
- extra olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 x 100 g bag salad leaves
1. For the mayonnaise: place the ingredients into a large bowl, season, mix together and chill until required.
2. For the bruschetta: in a shallow bowl, mix together the thyme leaves, basil or olive oil and seasoning. Coat the steaks on both sides with the mixture and set aside.
3. Place the ciabatta slices on a clean chopping board and rub on both sides with the garlic. Drizzle with the extra olive oil.
4. Lightly toast the slices on a prepared barbecue, turning once, or in a hot, dry griddle pan for 1-2 minutes.
5. Cook the steaks on a prepared barbecue according to your preference. Remove from the heat, squeeze over the lemon juice and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
6. Transfer the bread slices onto 4 warmed plates and spread with a little of the mayonnaise. Garnish with a few salad leaves. Slice the steaks, arrange over the salad leaves, and finish with a spoonful of mayonnaise.
Rate This Recipe