- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 150 ml white wine
- 100 g butter
- 2 thick slices white bread, cubed
- 2 cos lettuce
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tinned anchovies
- 150 g parmesan, grated
- 300 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 4 rib-eye steaks
1. Peel the garlic and place in a pan with the wine, bring to the boil and cook for about five minutes until the cloves are soft.
2. To make the croutons, melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the bread cubes until golden brown.
3. Remove the leaves from the lettuce and wash and dry it well, then tear into chunky pieces.
4. Using a hand blender, whiz the wine and garlic together with the egg yolks, anchovies and cheese, slowly adding the oil to stop the mix from splitting. Add the mustard and season to taste.
5. Meanwhile, season the steaks and grill to your liking.
6. Toss the lettuce with the dressing and garnish with the croutons.
7. Serve immediately with the cooked steaks.
Rate This Recipe