- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 rib-eye steaks
- olive oil
- salt, nd freshly ground pepper
- 8 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 120 g herbs, (such as parsley, coriander, thyme, basil, chervil), chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
For the chips:
- 500 g Estima potatoes, peeled
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Slice the potatoes into large, chip-sized pieces.
3. Mix together honey, thyme and garlic in a bowl, then whisk in the olive oil.
4. Add in the potatoes and coat well. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Spread out the potato chips in a roasting tray and roast for 35-45 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until very hot.
7. Brush the steaks with a little olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
8. Sear the steaks on both sides on the griddle, then reduce the heat and cook for 3-12 minutes, until cooked to taste.
9. Brush the freshly griddled steak with the Dijon mustard and dip into the chopped herbs, coating on all sides.
10. Cut each steak into 4-6 slices, arrange on 4 warm serving plates and serve at once with chips and a lemon quarter.
Rate This Recipe