- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 5 mins resting
- Effort: medium
- 1 rib of beef, trimmed, around 700g
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 250 g shallots, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 200 ml red wine
- 500 ml veal stock
- sautéed garlic potatoes
- mixed vegetables
1. Season the beef with salt and freshly ground pepper rib of beef. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan or heavy-based frying pan until hot.
2. Cook the beef on the griddle or pan until cooked to taste. Make sure, during cooking that the meat is turned over so that each side is evenly cooked.
3. Once cooked, set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan. Add in the shallot and bay leaves and cook gently until the shallots turn a light golden colour, around 5 minutes.
5. Add in the red wine, bring to the boil and cook briskly until reduced by two-thirds.
6. Add in the stock, bring to the boil and cook briskly until reduced to a sauce consistency. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. Serve the beef with the sauce, sautéed garlic potatoes and mixed vegetables.
Rate This Recipe