- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes depending on weight of beef rib
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the roast
- 1 beef rib
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
For the leeks
- 4 leeks, cleaned and diagonally sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 450 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- generous handfulchopped parsley
Tips and Suggestions
Welsh Black beef is available from Graig Farm Organics
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease a roasting tray with oil.
2. Rub the joint with the salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes per 500g for a medium rare (perfect pink) result. 20 minutes per 500g will cook it all the way through. Leave the joint to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
3. Blanch the leeks in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes until soft but still retaining a little bite. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour, stirring constantly as if making roux.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the stock, a little at a time, until full incorporated.
6. Return the sauce to the heat and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes, until thickened.
7. Stir in the crème fraiche and parsley. Season to taste and stir in the leeks.
8. Care the beef into slices and serve with the leek sauce.
Rate This Recipe