- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 6 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 40 g butter, softened
- 12 slices wheaten brown bread, (or substitute rye if preferred)
- 100 g gravadlax, slices
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. Boil the eggs for 8-10 minutes, until hard-boiled; cool and peel.
2. Place the eggs in a bowl and mash with the mustard and mayonnaise.
3. Season to taste and stir in the parsley; set aside.
4. Mix the cream cheese with the chives and a good grinding of black pepper.
5. Butter the bread.
6. Divide the cream cheese mixture between 2 slices of the buttered bread and top with another 2 slices of bread, to make sandwiches.
7. Cover another 2 slices of bread with the slices of gravadlax make into sandwiches with another 2 slices of bread.
8. Top a further 2 slices of bread with the egg mixture and cover the remaining slices of bread.
9. Make 2 stacks. Lay a gravadlax sandwich on the base of each stack. Top each with an egg sandwiches and finally, a cream cheese sandwich.
10. Cut each stack in half and secure with cocktail sticks. Arrange on plates and serve.
Rate This Recipe