- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large bunches flat leaf parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 heads celery, chopped
- 450 g carrots, chopped
- 4 red onions, chopped
- 800 g plum tomatoes
- 2 kg cavolo nero
- 250 g cannelloni or borlotti beans, cooked
- 2 loaves stale ciabatta bread
- black pepper
1. Heat half of the oil in a large saucepan and fry the parsley, garlic, celery, carrot, and onions together for about 30 minutes, until softened.
2. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook on a gentle heat for a further 30 minutes.
3. Remove the stalks from the cavolo nero and coarsely chop the leaves. Ad them to the pan.
4. Stir in half of the beans and add enough water to cover.
5. Simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Puree the remaining beans in a food processor, until smooth. Stir the puree into the soup to thicken in, adding a little water if the consistency is too thick.
7. Remove the crusts from the bread, tear it into pieces and add to the soup. The soup should be very thick.
8. Stir in the olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Rate This Recipe