- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 12 minutes plus 15-20 mins standing
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g long grain white rice
- 400 g can kidney beans, drained
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet chilli
1. Put the rice in a large saucepan and add the beans, coconut milk, thyme, garlic and spring onion. Pierce the chilli with the point of a sharp knife and add to the pan.
2. Pour in enough cold water to come 1cm above the ingredients.
3. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for about 8 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and leave, with the lid on, for 15-20 minutes so the rice continues cooking in its own steam.
Rate This Recipe