- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g rice
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 125 g pancetta, cubed
- 125 g salami, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250 g fresh peas
- 1 egg
- 125 g soft pecorino cheese, diced
- 125 g parmigiano reggiano, diced
- 125 g scarmozza cheese, diced
- 125 g parmigiano reggiano, freshly grated
- 250 g breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cook rice until the al dente stage as it will finish cooking in the oven. Allow to cool.
2. Heat up half the olive oil in a saucepan. Add pancetta, salami and onions. Cook until golden and crispy.
3. Cook peas in a pot of salted water for approximately 2 minutes or until soft. Add to the pan mixture and toss ingredients together.
4. Transfer the rice to a large bowl. Add an egg, all the cheeses, salt and pepper and the pan mixture with all its juices to the rice and thoroughly mix.
5. Grease a baking dish with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle half the breadcrumbs to the base of the pan. Spread mixture onto the baking pan, packing the mixture so it serves as a solid bed. Sprinkle remaining breadcrumbs on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until rice cake is golden.
Rate This Recipe