- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 55 g unsalted butter
- 150 g risotto rice
- 150 g sugar
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 250 ml milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 drop of vanilla essence
- 400 ml cream
For the peach compôte:
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 200 g sugar
- 4 peaches, skinned and roughly chopped
1. Melt the butter gently in a deep-sided, heavy-based frying pan. Add the rice to the butter and stir for 1 minute over a moderate heat.
2. Add the sugar and continue to stir. Pour over the coconut milk and milk. Allow to cook gently for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, add the vanilla pod and vanilla essence. Pour over the cream and keep stirring.
4. Return to the heat and simmer gently until the rice is tender, around 10 more minutes.
5. To make the peach compote, place the butter, sugar and chopped peaches in a heavy-based saucepan.
6. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes until the butter and sugar have melted.
7. Serve the peach compote warm with the rice pudding.
Rate This Recipe