- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes - 3 hours
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2.5 ltr milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Grated rind of a small, unwaxed lemons
- A pinch of salt
- 200 g short grain pudding rice
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp aniseed liqueur
- 1 tbsp orange flower water
- 2-3 tbsp demerara sugar
- half tsp ground cinnamon
1. Place the milk, cinnamon sticks, lemon rind and salt in a large, heavy-based saucepan.
2. Bring the milk to the boil, reduce the heat and add the pudding rice.
3. Simmer the rice, stirring slowly and constantly for 30 minutes.
4. Continue simmering the rice for 2-2 hours 20 minutes, stirring the rice every ten minutes until the rice is tender.
5. Add the sugar, aniseed liquor and orange blossom water. Cook, stirring, for a further 10 minutes.
6. Transfer the rice to a heatproof serving dish.
7. Preheat the grill.
8. Mix together the demerara and cinnamon, Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over the rice pudding.
9. Flash-grill the rice pudding until the sugar topping caramelises. Serve.
Rate This Recipe