- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g long grain rice
- 175 g carrots
- 150 g green beans
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
1. Place the rice in a sieve and rinse under cold running water.
2. Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the rice and bring back to boiling point.
3. Stir once, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10-11 minutes, or until the rice grains are tender.
4. Drain the rice in a colander and rinse under cold water - leave on one side until cool.
5. Peel the carrots and cut into small dice. Top and tail the green beans, and cut each one into three lengths.
6. Bring a small pan of water to the boil and cook the carrots and beans for 2 minutes, drain and run under cold water. This helps fix the colour of the beans.
7. Toss the rice and vegetables with olive oil and serve.
Rate This Recipe