- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the crepes
- 2 eggs
- 225 g plain flour
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus more for frying
- 1 pinches salt
- 60 g unsalted butter, melted
- 600 ml milk
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil, for frying
For the filling and topping
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500 g spinach
- 150 g wild mushrooms, (if not available, field or button will do), sliced
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 60 g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 pinches salt and black pepper
- 1 pinches nutmeg, freshly grated
- 300 ml béchamel sauce
- 60 g breadcrumbs
1. Set the oven to 180C/gas 4. Make the crepes by whisking together the eggs, flour, oregano, oil and salt.
2. Add the melted butter and slowly pour in the milk, until the mixture forms a smooth batter.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and pour a small ladleful of batter into the pan - fry each crepe for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Contine until all the batter is used up; place to one side.
4. To make the filling, heat half of the olive oil in a frying pan, and add the spinach leaves. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until wilted (you may have to do this in two batches). Drain and leave to cool.
5. Heat the remaining olive oil in a clean frying pan and fry the garlic and sliced mushrooms.
6. Squeeze the excess water from the spinach and place it into a bowl. Stir in half of the Parmesan, a little salt and pepper and a good pinch of nutmeg. Add the cooked mushrooms, ricotta and blend together thoroughly.
7. Place 2 tablespoons of filling onto each crepe and roll up into tubes.
8. Spoon half of the béchamel sauce into the base of an ovenproof dish. Lay the crepes evenly over the sauce. Pour over the remaining béchamel. Sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan, the breadcrumbs and a twist of pepper. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe